Types of Garage Door Openers
Garage doors can provide a lot of convenience to the homeowners. Not only they protect your car from getting scratched or stolen, but they also add value to your house. Having a garage good garage door opening system, can be installed from garage door repairs Melbourne, secures your home and vehicle. But you need to know which one suits your terms and conditions best then it is quite a tricky decision. Especially when we have so many advanced technological garage door opening systems, it is better to spend your money on a system that fits your requirements, your affordability and the duration of your usage. There are many types of garage door openers out there, each with different features and costs. You can always select and browse for the one suitable for you and once you understand the difference between all the types and what features do they offer.
Standard Features of Garage Door Openers:
Many features are switching and changing as per each type of garage door openers, but the standard features that your garage door must have are the following:
- Automatic Reversing Feature: The primary function is to ensure the safety and security and avoiding accidents or injuries, some electronic sensors are attached to the door which activates as soon as the door collides with an object or a person and reverses automatically to make sure nothing gets hurt.
- Rolling Code Technology: This feature is essential because it protects your garage door from all the thieves that use hacking as their way to break into your house through hacking the garage door opening system. Rolling code technology makes sure the code changes each time you use the garage.
- Manual Garage Door Release: This feature serves in case of power loss. When the system stops working but you still need access to your garage, this feature allows you to lift the door yourself by disconnecting it whenever you want.
- Backups for Battery: In case of power outage, available backup batteries should save the day. suitabSince there is a limit to how many times you can use the garage, this feature comes in handy.
- Energy Efficient: There is no point of a massive and durable garage door if it cannot be energy efficient. Less weight of the door will require less power and work quickly for you. Make sure your garage door opener is energy efficient.
Garage Door Opening Drive Systems:
There are three types of garage door opening systems. Each one is described below with its particular features.
- Chain-Driven: This system is highly cost-effective and costs less on installation too. Known to be very durable and efficient when it comes to strength for lifting heavy doors. Even though metal chains get quite noisy, newer versions of this system are much quieter as compared to the earlier ones.
- Belt-Driven: This garage door opener is the same as the chain-driven one; however it costs more because of lesser noise. Chain-driven garage door opener uses metal chains that create sound. Belt-driven uses belts made of fibreglass, rubber etc. Most people buy this system to avoid the noise, but they must make sure that their garage door does not have any vibration problems before spending on this system.
- Screw Driven: This garage door opener is less noisy, reliable and durable; however it uses a metal rod to open the garage door instead of pulling it up. It has similar pros and cons, so this system is much quicker than the rest, but it requires constant weekly maintenance or lubrication for the screws to function without costing you a good sum of money.